It's been over 2 weeks since I got my Deva Cut and I am still loving it! Now the key to my regimen is moisture, moisture and more moisture!
Here are the products I use for my weekly routine:
HOW I USE IT
- Apply twice a week
- Dampen hair in shower and part hair into manageable sections
- With a spray bottle handy, re-wet and apply the product to each individual section; make sure to work into the scalp and throughout the hair while finger detangling
- Follow up with Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
HOW I USE IT
- Apply twice a week directly after using Heaven In Hair
- Work into each section of hair and continue to finger detangle
- After applying, gently pat dry hair with a micro-fiber towel or t-shirt
- Follow up with diffuser
HOW I USE IT
- Dry hair with diffuser
- Keep at low heat, medium blow
HOW I USE IT
- Apply every morning or when hair needs moisture/revitalization
If you have any questions about the Deva Curl lifestyle hmu on Twitter or Instagram (@_MoniqueMary) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I came across the Deva Cut trend on a wonderful little site called YouTube. Let me just say that this discovery was a divine intervention. Seriously though! Not only because my hair was in serious damage and in need of restoration, but also because one of the best videos I found was from On-Site Studio right here in O-Town!
I've always been a proponent of natural hair. For the longest, I searched for a way to obtain that gorgeous kinky-curly look I see in magazines. After many failed attempts and myriad of shoddy products, I decided to start fresh…meaning the chop.
My visit to On-Site Studio is my best salon experience to date. Now I'm not just saying this because it is a hip, trendy salon that offers complimentary beverages and petite cupcakes. I'm saying this because they know what they're doing in that place!
My stylist, Mickey Colón, transformed my crippled, boring mess of hair into stylish locks on the road to full-blown recovery. He strategically cut my hair according to my unique curl pattern and got rid of about 90% of my dead, damaged hair. In three months I will go for my second trim to take off the remaining 10%. I already see a major improvement!
Look out for a follow-up post on my new hair regimen and advice on how to achieve beautiful curls!
For the next month I will be working as a writing intern for a powerful organization: Erace The Hate.
They invited me to join their movement to promote peace in an increasingly violent society. I hope that my writing will inspire others to “erace the hate” and become bonafide eracists.
More importantly I hope YOU will “erace the hate” and promote love and peace within your own community.
The world needs love and YOU have the power to generate it!
WHAT IS ERACE THE HATE?
A voice for the growing youth.
A network of individuals who stand for “social equality, justice, education and self-expression”.
A sweet clothing line. (proceeds go towards peace-driven campaigns)
A positive media platform. (where I'll dabble in)
A charity organization.
WHAT IS AN ERACIST?
Someone who believes in eracism:
“The removal from existence the belief that one race or person is superior to another”
Someone who, “supports the idea that we must first become united and equal as a human race so that we may progress”.
For the past 10 years I've been part of an amazing organization, The Girl Scouts of America. The stereotypical perception of a girl scout is normally of a cute, uniformed, irresistibly adorable seven-year-old girl who lures people into buying their sinfully good cookies.
Although this is somewhat true, being a girl scout is much more than that. It's a sisterhood. It's about overcoming fears, empowerment, development and community service.
This summer my girl scout sisters and I went on one of our last trips together before we enter our last year in scouting. One of the things I love about girl scouts is that it always takes me out of my comfort zone. Our motto during the trip seemed to be that:
I never thought I'd be spontaneous enough to do both white water rafting AND tree climbing, but I did during this trip. The truth is, I actually would do it again!
Here are the highlights of our trip:
NANTAHALA OUTDOOR CENTER (North Carolina)